Friday, March 17, 2006

I cannot believe that I already have written eight posts. This is the first time I have been consistent with a task since my college days. And I don't want to reveal how long ago that was.
It would be nice to return to those college days again and decide on a new major. My mother expected me to become a schoolteacher since that had been her desire. She said, "You will have the same hours as your children." "You will have the summers off." Need I say more.
So I became a schoolteacher and I taught for six and one-half years in the public school system. As it turned out, teaching was not for me.
And I married and could not have any children. Infertility is not pretty. So my husband and I decided to remain childless.
As for having the summers off, things have really changed in that department, too.
So I struck out three times in a row.
Other than majoring in the wrong subject, I really enjoyed my college days.
My mother had a "cow" when I quit teaching to write. She actually disliked me because my father had had the same desire to write when they were married. And that is another story...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home