Monday, April 03, 2006

My mother-in-law is seventy-four years old today. She became a widow in December of 1991. Her husband died of cancer at the age of sixty. On my husband's side of the family, most of the men die in December. It is a family trait.
While there is no good time to die, I think November or December is the worst time of the year to die. During this time of year, there are too many family celebrations. Expectations are high - all family members are required to participate in the activities - regardless of personal circumstances.
It is as if there is no time to mourn a loss during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season. No
wonder so many people experience depression at this time of year.
After my father-in-law died, I never celebrated Christmas at my mother-in-law's house again.
My husband is approaching sixty now. He has seven more years until he reaches the age of sixty. My prayer is that he will enjoy his retirement years.
As my husband grows older, my hope is that he will be able to live longer than sixty years. However, I must and will accept whatever happens when the time comes, God willing ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home