Thursday, May 04, 2006

I am fifty years old today. Today is my birthday. I am staying home on my birthday, too. That means I will not have to drive to town to work today. I have the whole day to myself until 4:30 p.m. That means I can do whatever I want to do today or I can do nothing at all today.
Birthdays are special. I make plans to be off on my birthday each year if it is possible. Being off on my birthday gives me time to reflect on the past fifty years of my life. It also gives me time to reflect upon the future.
This week has been hectic. I had made great plans for this week. However, all my plans did not work out for me. When I work at night, I am more tired during the day. I still have not adjusted to my work schedule. If my work schedule was more regulated, I wouldn't be so thrown off my home schedule during the week.
It seems like I am continually playing catch-up on the household chores when I have a part-time job. Keeping up with everything presents daily challenges. My writing steps to the rear whenever I am working - even a part-time job. And it shouldn't be this way at all ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home