Saturday, May 06, 2006

I am getting in the habit of writing everyday. This is something I need to do on a daily basis. I make myself write here because I have a platform in which to write. I have a blank sheet of paper and I can sit down and put down my thoughts here.
However, when it comes to really working on a writing project, I fall short of my expectations. There are at least four writing projects that I am interested in doing this year. Nevertheless, I have come the farthest on just one of them. I do have a complete outline for one of my books.
I feel like I cannot start writing the book chapters until I have made a new revision of the outline. When the outline is fully completed, then I can start the real writing job for the book.
The outline has been sitting in my desk for the past four weeks (without adding any revisions to it). While the outline has been sitting there, I have been catching up on my reading.
It appears that I would rather read than write at this point. After I read my e-mails in the morning and look at a few websites on the Internet, I am ready to read in the afternoon. I read for one hour, perhaps two hours a day.
Either I need to get up earlier in the morning or go to bed later at night. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home