Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I did not wake up until 11:00 a.m. this morning. I am so tired from yesterday. I cannot go from 6:30 a.m. in the morning until midnight anymore. If I was younger, I probably could get away with it. But, not now.
I live about 12 miles from town. So when I make a trip to town it is really an excursion. I try to do as many errands as possible in one day so I don't waste any gasoline.
I must say that I didn't think anything about the price of gasoline during the 1970's. However, there appeared to be an oil crisis at that time too. I drove back and forth to college without having any car trouble for four years.
I purchased my first car right after graduating from high school. The price was only $600.00, but this car was certainly worth its weight in gold. I never even considered worrying if I was going to arrive at a destination on time. That car always worked for me. I don't think I ever had an automobile accident when I was driving it either.
It is amazing how much I can remember about owning my first car ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home