Thursday, June 15, 2006

Yesterday was another frustrating day. I got called into work, had to drive into town, and then, turn right back around and drive home.
Another employee had stopped by to see the manager and she wanted to work the night shift, so I was nice and let her work yesterday.
I did this in spite of knowing the facts that (1) my husband would not like it; (2) it costs too much to drive into town and then drive back home again without working; and (3) I actually needed the working hours and a better paycheck for next week.
I cannot stop being nice to other people when they need the work just as much as I do. This particular employee is single and does not have a husband to support her like I do. So she needs to work as much as possible too.
Anyway, I have other options to consider that might not be available to her at this time. Everyone feels more useful when they work and they are needed to do something in life - no matter what it is.
Besides that, I am getting ready and also preparing to do something altogether different from working at the gas station anyway - whether my husband likes it or not ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home