Monday, July 24, 2006

I am so glad that I have a few extra days off this week. I feel like I have just been riding a roller coaster and finally it has come to a stop at the end of the ride. However, the ride I've been on is no amusement park entertainment.
I have been working at the gas station/convenience store for almost four months now. Originally, I thought I would quit this particular job within the space of one month of being hired in April of 2006. I was going to quit and be out of there before I could blink an eye!
What happened to my train of thought? How could I lose control so quickly and come to accept this new job?
Well, the manager is a friend of mine. And we have experienced a lot of things together since working at the convenience store. We have become closer and have gotten to know one another better than before (when we worked at Arby's).
We have more time to talk with one another at this job and that has been good for me and for her too.
And it is difficult to find a friend in the workplace these days. It is difficult to find a friend anywhere - even in church. Except for Jesus, of course. He is my best friend ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home